Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Barca ou Barzakh (Barcelona or the afterlife)



Is D-day for all of us, time to smile?
We have been seating for a long while
Travelling in this small boat
120 people, 11 of which are already mort
My arms and feet’s skin is stripped
The Red Cross said needs to be amputated
My stomach and mind are emptied
My soul, of hopes is full
My dad’s words keeps repeating in my mind
“Pray, keep your fears away,
With those you are travelling, be kind”
During these 16 days how many times
I though I wouldn’t survive
But we made it, we ‘aaga aaduna’*
From Dakar, now heading towards Barcelona
Hunger, famine and pain
All should finish once I reach Spain
As they did on the Normandy landing
We must do the same now
The terror of Nazis, they were fighting
We’ve to fight for the future of our families anyhow
‘Barca ou Barzakh’ a very difficult decision to make
If your family were struggling, which decision would you take?
Die on the sea, or your entire family dying seeing
Tell me which option gonna be?

* Wolof for “to arrive to the world”
God’s Son ®

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came in similar condition, I'm very impress with your description.

Keep using the power of your prose.

God bless you

Mohammed

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this base on a true story?

10:03 PM  
Blogger God’s Sun ® said...

Yes, Actually it is been adapted from and article on the Guardian news papers by Angelique Chrisafis in Los Cristianos
Claire Soares in Dakar
Friday September 8, 2006

you can find the full article on:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/spain/article/0,,1868177,00.html

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up with your writings, it really made me think about the blessing of been alive.

Kwakenu

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one very strong.

Keep them comming, Keep inspiring us please.

One love,

Eckum (from Canada)

11:13 AM  
Anonymous ras babi abdalla babiker said...

Much respect.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home